Striving for your ICF credential or looking to renew your credential?
Health Coaches International coaching faculty mentor coaches locally and around the world who are working toward their ICF credential at MCC, PCC or ACC level.
We’ll help you make sense of the credentialing process and we’ll work together to deepen your understanding of the core competencies, how they apply to your coaching and the different distinctions that exist at each level of credential.
We’ll help you to understand your strengths as a coach as well as the areas of your coaching that you’ll need to develop to achieve the credential that you seek.
ICF ACC, PCC and MCC Mentoring Requirements:
- For purposes of credentialing, mentor coaching means an applicant being coached on their coaching skills for the development of an applicant’s coaching skill.
- ACC and PCC applicants must be mentor coached for a minimum of 10 hours over a minimum of 3 months by a qualified Mentor Coach.
- Group mentor coaching may count for a max. of 7 hours toward the mentoring requirement.
- A minimum of 3 of the 10 mentoring hours must be one-on-one coaching with the mentor.
Health Coaches International Coaching for Excellence students please note:
You may participate in as many group mentor coaching sessions as you wish throughout the period of your enrolment, but must complete a minimum of seven sessions, including Session 10 ‘Coaching Session Debrief’
- Your enrolment includes the individual mentor coaching program
- Please see your Coaching for Excellence Program Outline for further information about your mentor coaching program
On the online credential application, you will list the name of each Mentor Coach, the Mentor Coach email address, the credential level of the Mentor Coach, the start and end date of each mentoring relationship, and the number of hours of coaching from each mentor. You are not required to provide documentation from your Mentor Coach, but your Mentor Coach should be able to confirm that the mentoring took place.
(Health Coaches International will provide you with a template that you can use for your Mentor Coaching record)
The Mentor Coaching requirement must be fulfilled prior to submitting your application to ICF.
(You must have completed a minimum of three months and 10 hours of Mentor Coaching prior to today’s date if you were to submit your application today)